Self-Directed Trash Cleanup Program
Are you tired of seeing trash …
in our streams, creeks, rivers, streets, alleyways and parks? Well, we are too! The Self-Directed Trash Cleanup Program allows you to direct your own trash cleanup, even if it’s not on our calendar. You choose the “who, where and when” and we provide the necessary supplies, including trash grabbers, gloves, bags, first aid kits and a report sheet.
If you would like to organize a cleanup, let us know a location, a date, a time, and the number of people and come by our offices in Richmond, Williamsburg, or Lynchburg for supplies.
- Step 1: Choose your cleanup location from the map, or suggest your own location.
- Step 2: Fill out the Self-Directed Trash Cleanup Form below to register your group.
- Step 3: The James River Association will contact you to set up a time for you to pick up your cleanup supplies.
- Step 4: Conduct your trash cleanup and leave bags at designated area.
- Step 5: Before leaving the cleanup site, fill out the Group Trash Cleanup Report that is enclosed in the cleanup kit.
- Step 6: Return your supplies, with the completed Group Trash Cleanup Report, to a James River Association office during our regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
For more information
If you know of a site in need of cleaning up, have questions or want more information about the Self-Directed Trash Cleanup Program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-788-8811.