James River Relief
Free Paddle Trips for Hospital and Education Staff!
James River Relief returned for the 2022 season, and we were excited to welcome healthcare workers and educators on the water! For the past two years, these essential workers have been challenged like never before, working long hours and facing extreme challenges during Covid-19. JRA wanted to thank these wonderful individuals for their time and service by providing a break to find solace and relaxation on the river through our James River Relief program.
New for 2022, James River Relief provided paddle, pontoon, and batteau trip options to hospital workers and education staff through our Connect with the James program in the greater Richmond and Williamsburg areas, as well as our James River Adventures livery in the greater Lynchburg region.
“The James River Relief Program takes care of those who have been courageously taking care of our communities. Our health care workers have been on the front lines since the beginning of this crisis, and we are deeply grateful for their unwavering dedication to the well-being of Virginians. The mental and physical health benefits of the outdoors will allow these heroes to find healing, solace, and rest after months of stress. I am grateful to the James River Association for their support of the health care community.”
How it Works
- Hospital workers and teachers will fill out the registration with their contact information, place of employment and outfitter preference. Only one trip per individual will be offered.
- Connect with the James and James River Adventures offer different opportunities, so please familiarize yourself with each outfitter, their location and their program. Once you have registered for a trip, you will be unable to switch.
- Even though we greatly appreciate the services of all essential workers, because of the limited nature of this program, we are only able to offer this opportunity to current hospital workers and education staff.
- Your family or friends to join you on your trip, but only the registered participant will receive a free or discounted trip.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a discount code to use for booking your trip. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, please let us know at email@example.com.
- This promotion ends September 30, 2022 or while spots last. All trips must be booked during the 2022 river season.
Fill out the registration form.
Check your email for a booking code.
Visit your preferred program’s website and use your unique code to book your trip at a time convenient to you.
Connect with the James
Richmond, Williamsburg, VA
Enjoy a spot on one of our Connect with the James guided paddle trips in Richmond, Hopewell or Williamsburg.
Trips are at a pre-set time and date. We are unable to ‘hold’ spaces for friends and family.