If hard, rewarding work is calling you …
Join our team to help protect and preserve Virginia’s most vital resource. Our staff works hard to nurture the James, enjoy the James, and restore the river we love.
Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountains and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.
Founded in 1976, the James River Association is the oldest and largest river conservation group in Virginia, and the only organization solely dedicated to protecting and restoring America’s Founding River, the James River. JRA’s mission is to be the guardian of the James River – to provide a voice for the river and take action to promote conservation and responsible stewardship of its natural resources. To accomplish our mission, JRA’s two strategic goals include: 1) Achieving a fully healthy James River; and 2) Helping communities within the watershed realize the benefits from a healthy James River and support protecting it.
Part-Time Seasonal Office Manager – Lynchburg Office
The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a part-time, seasonal Office Manager to be based at its Riveredge Park office located in Amherst County, Virginia.
JRA is seeking a part-time seasonal Office Manager for its Riveredge Park office located in Amherst County, VA. A successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and accustomed to working on multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrated project management abilities, and a personal interest in issues affecting the James River. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail oriented and flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support services for staff in the Amherst County office.
- General office management responsibilities to include: answering phone calls, maintaining mail and deliveries, purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Provide administrative support to James River Adventures to include tasks such as answering phone calls/returning phone messages, assisting with liability waivers, maintaining scheduling, overseeing and assisting customers with online, phone and in-person booking.
- Create invoices and track accounts payables for JRA’s Upper James educational programming.
- Maintain a master schedule that includes all staff and programs that are facilitated through the Amherst County office.
- Strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing, on the telephone, and in person.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team, working collegially and professionally.
At this time, this is a part-time seasonal position that will be paid hourly. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.At this time, this is a part-time seasonal position that will be paid hourly. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
James River Association
Attn: Katie Ranger
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin as applications are received. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.