If hard, rewarding work is calling you …
Join our team to help protect and preserve Virginia’s most vital resource. Our staff works hard to nurture the James, enjoy the James, and restore the river we love.
Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountains and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.John Lubbock
The James River Association (JRA) is seeking a dynamic special event coordinator to join our team. This position will be responsible for coordinating and executing special events including Westover Lawn Party and Annual Meeting as well as small donor cultivation events. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with key staff and volunteers to facilitate long term planning, execution, logistics and follow up. This position will report to JRA’s Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating timelines for events
- Providing logistical and operational support to the assigned events
- Supporting all aspects of on-site coordination including vendors, volunteers, attendees, and staff.
- Assisting in post-events reconciliations with vendors, speakers, facilities, committees, etc.
- Working with internal and external marketing teams to assist with events communication and marketing.
- Preparing event materials, such as nametags, attendee lists, agendas, favors, donor packets and other supplies as needed.
- Providing support to Development Manager with event committee meetings and correspondence
The Ideal Canidadate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience coordinating large events (live and silent auctions)
- CMP or similar professional certification.
- Thorough proficiency with MS Office.
- Outstanding organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Ability to work closely with volunteer committees.
- Work independently and collaborate with a team.
- A high level of integrity and discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and giving trends with at least 2-years of experience in this field.
- Experience working in a donor database.
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to resolve conflicts and help with troubleshooting.
- Good at problem solving, meeting deadlines and schedules, and ability to coordinate volunteer committees.
- Strong communications, analytical skills, teamwork, integrity, and reliability.
- Physical requirements – lift and carry a min. of 25 lbs.
- Special Event planning required.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver license.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment. Pay will commensurate with experience. This position is non-exempt, temporary for the months of February through October. JRA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with salary history, by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
James River Association
Attn: Kristen Miller
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting January 30th, 2020. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.
JRA is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper. A successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organized and accustomed to working on multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrated project management abilities, and a personal interest in issues affecting the James River. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, organized, and flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support services to the James River Association staff. Currently, this includes staff located in four locations to include Richmond (headquarters), Lynchburg, Scottsville, and Williamsburg.
- General office management responsibilities to include: answering phone calls, maintaining mail and deliveries, purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Assist with Human Resource functions to include employee entrance and exit procedures, maintaining communications with insurance companies, facilitating required background checks and drug screenings for employees.
- Manage and maintain payroll and facilitate staff expense reports.
- Enter invoices/bills and records payments and receivables into QuickBooks.
- Prepare and run detailed reports from QuickBooks.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing, on the telephone, and in person.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team, working collegially and professionally.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Quick Books, and SalesForce.
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail for spelling and punctuation.
JRA offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. JRA is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with salary history, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
JRA Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper Search
211 Rocketts Way, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23231
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. The position will remain open until filled, but interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates starting February 2020. Otherwise, no calls or visits, please.